Friday, October 2, 2009

Sleepless in New Tampa

Exhaustion has reached a new level! We are in the process of transitioning my 5 1/2 month old daughter from our bed to her crib. It has only been 3 days, but I am tired. She has done pretty well getting to sleep in her crib, but by 2 am she is screaming her head off. I thought the sleep depravation was over when we got through the colic stage, but I guess it was just beginning. I went to boot camp yesterday, and boy did I get a workout. I climbed up and down a hill 8 times and when I say hill, I don't mean a slight incline, Think San Francisco! I did 100 sit-ups, jump rope, 50 crunches and some arm and leg work. Not to mention, we played tag twice. I had so much fun. I felt like a kid at recess!! I will be hanging from the monkey bars with my munchkin in no time, so if you see me at the playground, I am won't be hanging there because I have some mental instability, it will simply because I CAN!! We went for another 3 mile walk today. I made it in 72 min. I know that wasn't as good as my previous time, but we had a cranky baby on our hands, and I had a serious chaffing situation (let's just say that I found out that I had a hole in my pants about 20 min too late). One of my friends on Facebook posted some info on the Inaugural Florida Half-a-thon and 5k Race at Fort Desoto on March 21, 2010. I think I am going to register, and I will do my best to be in running shape by then (well, at least jogging shape). Marilyn told me about another 5k in Westchase on the morning on 10/31/09. I think I am going to register for that as well just because I have never participated in a 5k, and I want to get some practice in. I found out that a 5k in not the same as 5 miles. I’m sure that you all probably already knew that, but I didn't, and when I found out that it was only 3.1 miles, I breathed a sigh of relief. If I had to go much further than 3 miles at this point, I think my ankles would go on strike! It has been a long couple of days, so I am going to see if I can finally get some sleep. Nighty Night!