Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Weight, Say That Again...

I apologize for not blogging last night, but we were having some technical difficulties. I am so glad that my husband knows a thing or two about computers. It is like having a mechanic in the house J. I did weigh yesterday, and that darn scale almost met her demise. She said that I gained a pound!! I refused to take that for an answer, so I got on the scale again this morning, and I was back down to 396. That’s more like it! I didn’t lose any this week, but I didn’t gain either. After the weekend I had, I am pretty happy with that.

My Oblique muscles are killing me. We did some crazy exercise using a resistance band that, I’m sure, Marilyn dreamed up while trying to figure out new and unique ways to torture us. The way you do it is hold the handle of one (or both) sides of the resistance band while stepping with one foot in the middle of the band (if you can picture it. It is so hard to explain exercise in type, so I will make sure that we do this one on the video) The foot that is stepping on the band is back slightly further than your other foot, Then while holding the handle(s) you move your arms (without bending your elbows of course) from hip level on the side that you are stepping on the band and you twist using your oblique muscles to bring your arms to shoulder level on the other side. It sounds complicated, but it’s actually pretty easy until you do about 10 of them, and then you are hoping the end is near. I still feel it 2 days later. It hurts (in a good way) to laugh. We have a potential date to shoot the exercise video. It will be November 14th, so give me about a week to get it uploaded after that.

I did really well on eating yesterday.
Breakfast: 2 packets of apple cinnamon oatmeal
Snack: Whole wheat bagel with cream cheese
Lunch: Healthy Choice chicken and pasta in pesto sauce, broccoli and carrots, and cherry crisp
Snack: Cup of yogurt
Dinner: Grilled chicken salad with ranch dressing and a biscuit

I have boot camp again tonight, so I guess that means 2 posts today!! The Yankees are playing tonight also, so it might be a late post. This is a monumental occasion. They are finally back in the World Series for the first time in 6 years! I will post more later. Let’s Go Yankees!!