Saturday, October 17, 2009

Crisp Fall Air…Spring In My Step!

Thursday was a lot of fun, but it was such a long day. The camera crew was here for 9 hours. From 9 am until 6pm. I was completely wrecked after they left. I am totally dumbfounded as to how families can endure making reality shows. It was like a TV set in my living room. Furniture was rearranged and there was camera equipment everywhere. It was complete chaos! Friday was not much better. I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a train. I think because I stood a lot for the interview, and there was very little time for rest. Amelia slept, well, like a baby. She took 2 naps while the camera guys were here. It was business as usual for her. I guess she is accustomed to the camera, because her dad and I always have the camera in her face like the paparazzi. We did have to run a few errands yesterday, and Eddie had a doctor’s appointment, so while we were out, we took Amelia to the Yankee gift shop at Legends Field for the first time. We have been going there for the past 10 years for birthday and Christmas gifts. Marie is the lady that runs the store, and we have known her since we have been going there. She has seen us go from dating to engaged to married to pregnant. Just our luck, yesterday was her day off…we will try and see her again soon. I woke up feeling much better today, and the weather was perfect! The high was 74 degrees. That is my kind of weather! We went for a walk this evening, and it was 66 degrees. As most of you already know, I am going to participate in The Great West Chase on Oct 31st, so I have tried to kick it up a notch. We walked along Bayshore, and there are light posts about every 50 yards, so my pace was to walk 2 light posts and run 1. By the time it was time to turn around and head back, I had gone .2 miles farther than normal. On the way back to the car, something truly amazing happened. When it came time for me to run, I sprinted. Eddie said that it looked like I was running for my life away from a pack of wild dogs! It was an out of body experience. I felt like my body was inhabited by Carl Lewis! I think I might have been able to take him at that moment. My husband, almost a full 200 pounds lighter than me, had to run to catch up with me! When he finally reached me, he was cheering and clapping. He said that seeing that made him believe that anything is possible. He just kept telling me that I am amazing. Truthfully, I feel amazing. When I put the pedal to the medal and I was running as fast as I could, I felt totally free! I felt like I was out running the fat! I felt unstoppable! The hubs sacrificed half of the Yankee game in order to walk with me (and that’s something because they finally made it to the ALCS), so I am going to go and watch the end of the game with him. I will post more soon. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!