Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Stay Of Execution...For Now!

Today was a good day. It started with my appointment with my scale. As you know, we haven’t been on the greatest terms lately. I think that she sensed that she was pushing her luck, so she told me I weighed 399 pounds. I lost 1 pound, but after last week, I will take it. Losing a pound is better than gaining a pound any day (unless you are Paris Hilton, that girl needs to eat a sandwich)! I am so happy that I am finally going in the right direction on the scale. I did a 45 min water aerobic routine this evening. They FINALLY got the pool cleaned. I was worried that that pool would be frozen over before I had a chance to get back in it! It was a terrific workout. I swam for a while, did some ab work, leg work, and I worked on my arms using these really cool under water dumb bells. They are light as a feather out of the water, but once you get them under the water, they work like a charm. I have some pretty exciting news. I got a call this morning from ABC Action News - Good Morning America with Diane Sawyer and Robin Roberts. It seems that since my story was featured in the St. Pete Times, it has been picked up on the news wire. I am doing an interview on Thursday. I’m not sure when the story is going to run, but I will keep you updated. I was completely dumbfounded. I can’t believe that this has become so news worthy. I am a mom and a wife and I am trying to get to a healthy weight for my family. I am so amazed that my little blog has stirred up so much attention. My main motivation for starting a blog was to gain accountability, and, well, I guess there is no turning back now. I am so excited to share my story. I hope that I am able to inspire more people to get fit and healthy. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity, and I appreciate all of you that have already joined me on this journey. I always look forward to your emails and comments. I am still collecting names for kickball, so if you are interested please email me at Stacypie3279@aol.com. I have boot camp tomorrow, so I will be sure to post an update tomorrow evening. I told Marilyn about my interview, and she said that means that we have to bump up the exercise (Note to self…don’t tell Marilyn about any more interviews) I need to give my daughter a bath, so I am going to bid you all a good night.