Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Don't Call It A Come Back...

Well, despite the fact I was disappointed about that stupid, annoying pound, I dragged my butt to boot camp tonight. I am so glad I did. I used this minor setback to fuel the fire of determination that is burning inside of me. I decided that I was going to dig in and push hard. What I found when I got to that point was surprising. I found a fountain of strength and energy that was buried under the fat way, deep down inside, and I RAN. I actually ran. It felt awesome. I could only run for about 25 seconds at a time, but the important thing here is that I ran. I was tired and hot and sweaty and gross, but I felt amazing. Also, my husband bought me a “you’re doing great” gift. I was so surprised. When he came to pick me up from boot camp, he presented me with an awesome nail kit with lotion and oil and a buffing block (the Dead Sea stuff that they sell in the kiosk in the middle of the mall). He is the greatest. He always knows just how to make me feel better. I am so excited about this week. I am going to follow my meal plan more closely and make sure I am getting enough meals in the day (no more skipping breakfast) to keep my metabolism going. I am in hopes that will be enough to finally get the scale moving in the right direction! I hope everyone has had a good week so far…only 2 more days to the weekend. Please don't forget to let me know if you are interested in kick ball so that we can get something set into stone. The Yankees are in the playoffs and the game is on TV, so I am going to go watch them dominate the Twins...Let's go Yankees!