Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sleepless in South Florida

I was up at 6:30 am to take my husband to work. We only have 1 vehicle, so I have to take him to work on the days that I go to boot camp. I HATE getting up early, but I am determined to whatever it takes at this point. My little pumpkin woke up smiling, so that made the morning a little better. When I got home, I answered some emails and chatted with a few people, paid some bills, and fed the baby. I had a pretty laid back morning.

I took a break from the computer in the afternoon…my husband thinks I’m an addict, but I can quit any time I want…I swear. I snuggled up with my daughter and took a much needed nap. It was some nice quite time with the otherwise quite energetic rug rat. She is all over the place now, and she is starting to try and climb…let the stress and worry begin. Who am I kidding, the worry started from the 1st day I found out I was pregnant!

My day started to fall apart from there, I got Amelia ready, and I got myself ready to go pick Eddie up from work and head to boot camp. Sounds pretty simple right…WRONG! I was in the bathroom when the nightmare began. I was trying to get my contacts in. they were stuck to the inside of the lid, and wouldn’t you know it…I dropped the stupid lid. I have still not been able to find my contacts…they must have vanished into thin air. By the time I gave up the search party, Amelia was screaming for a bottle, and I was running 15 min late. I made a bottle and headed out the door. I was happy to be on the road until I looked down at the dash and realized I was on E. I was on the verge of throwing in the towel. I stopped to get gas (10 dollars used to fill my tank. What happened to those days?), and finally made it to Eddie’s work…15 min late. He had a frustrating day dealing with Sallie Mae about his student loans, so he was none too happy to be stranded at work for an additional 15 min. I made it to boot camp. Amazingly, I was only about 5 min late. I rushed to join the class, but I don’t think I pushed myself as hard as I could have because I was still peeved from the chaos of getting there, and I hate working out in my glasses.

Although I was aggravated, I must have still gotten a pretty good workout because I am completely aware of my abs tonight. I wouldn’t say I am sore, but it feels like I had a work out. After boot camp, I was talking to Marilyn (my trainer) because some of you have reached out and have been asking what kind of exercises I do. Marilyn has offered to do a series of short exercise videos with me that I will upload to you tube and post a link were you can download them at no charge. I will keep you updated with the details. It may take a few weeks, but I thought that would be better than trying to explain it in writing.

My meals today consisted of the following:
Breakfast: Peanut butter sandwich on wheat
Lunch: Chicken and Broccoli Fettuccini (Michelina’s lean gourmet) ½ cup 2% cottage cheese, 4 oz pineapple chunks (in pineapple juice) and a cup of sugar free jello
Dinner: 12” tuna sub from subway on Honey Oat bread
I know I did not get enough calories in today because I took a nap, Se La Vi…tomorrow is another day.

Please don’t forget to send me an email (Stacypie3279@aol.com) if you would like to join us for kick ball. Once we have enough people, we will nail down a time and place. All fitness levels are welcome. It is 1 am here, so I am going to hit the sack. Goodnight and sweet dreams!