Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Where Do I Begin...

I guess at the beginning would be good…Today was my weigh day. I grumbled as I made my way to the bathroom. I peed before I stepped on the scale. Everyone knows that you always weigh on an empty bladder, and never with wet hair. Ever ounce counts! My little sweet scale told me that I weigh 396 pounds. I was shocked. That means I have lost 3 pounds this week and 17 in total. I’m not going to read too much into it though because I have a feeling that she is just buttering me up for the holidays.

My GMA interview aired a little after 8 am today. I was a bit nervous being live, but I made it through. How did I do? We had oatmeal for breakfast and leftovers for lunch. I made a strawberry chicken salad (the ingredients can be found on a previous post). I answered a bunch of emails today, and I made almost 200 new friends on Facebook and Myspace. I feel so blessed to have so much support and encouragement. I read every single comment, and was touched by so many of you. One email in particular was from a 15 year old girl. She also has a blog, and she blogged about me today. I was stunned by her talent and maturity. I hope she is representative of the future of our country.

We are all in this together. We have a tough road ahead of us, but we can do it. We will do it. I have no doubt. For those of you not on a weight loss journey, I am sure you are on some kind of journey. We all meet challenges at some point, but the principals are all the same…Stay Focused, Stay Positive, and Never Give Up.

Grilled chicken and broccoli was on the menu for dinner. It was delish. I like broccoli for a couple of reasons. I like the taste of it steamed, and you can have it in larger portions with little negative impact. I am all about more bang for your buck. I am a mom on a budget after all. I will be going for a walk tonight, but first, the Yankees. We are in game 4 of the ALCS against the Los Angeles Angels. The yanks lead by 1 game, but to win they need the best of 7. Speaking of games, I am still taking names for kickball. I really want to get something nailed down, so please let me know if you are interested. I hope there are no extra innings tonight. I didn’t get much sleep last night because Amelia was up with a fever from her shots yesterday, and I was anxious about today. I hope everyone is having a great week. Tomorrow is boot camp, so I will post more soon. Good night for now.