Friday, October 30, 2009

A Blah Kind Of Day

Today was just another day. Amelia was extra cranky today. I finally saw that illusive tooth that I have only been able to feel up until now. It is super cute! She has been a total mommy’s girl today, so I was not able to get much done around the house with the exception of some laundry during her nap.

A few things are going on that I wanted to tell you about. First, Saturday, In addition to being Amelia’s first Halloween, marks the date of my 1st ever 5K race. I am so excited. I am picking up my packet and some other information about the race tomorrow. I am really looking forward to it. A fellow blogger is also going to be there, so I hope to hook up with her at some point during or after the race.

The other important thing that is coming up is metabolic testing. This is a service that my personal trainer offers. She uses a rented hospital quality machine that tells you exactly how many calories you burn. This is not exclusive to her boot campers, so if you are local and would like to sign up, please fill out the form located on her website. The date is set for Nov 7th from 8:30 am to 11:30 am. Maybe I will see some of you there.

I didn’t do my regular walk tonight for a couple of reasons. 1; I switched it up a bit because I am trying to build my endurance and recovery time for Saturday, and 2; it was getting late, and I really wanted to catch the Yankee game. My workout tonight was amazing though. We have a loop of parking spaces near our house with a little field in the middle. The pace was to walk 1 loop, Jump rope 20 times, walk again, and then run. We did 3 sets and were panting and sweating our butts off. Eddie said that I need to quit hanging out with Sophie because I am turning into a drill sergeant too.

We just had a major meltdown here with a poopy, sleeping baby that I had to wake up to change because her dad didn’t have the foresight to do it before put her in bed and a cat with an injured foot, so that’s it for tonight…I am out!