Monday, October 19, 2009

ABC...Easy As 123...

I just realized that I never told you when my segment on Good Morning America is going to run. That was a pretty big oversight on my part. I am really sorry. It will run in the 8 o’clock hour tomorrow, October 20th. I am really looking forward to the interview. In addition to the footage that has already been filmed, I am going live via satellite on the show tomorrow. ABC has also sent me a video camera to film a video diary of my progress that will be aired on a periodic basis. I am sure that I will find out more details about that as time goes on. I had a jam packed day today. Amelia had 2 doctor’s appointments today (she had to get shots again...yuck). She had her regular check up and her first eye exam. She read the eye chart perfectly…lol. I also had an eye exam, and then went to Boot Camp this evening. While I was running up a hill, I twisted my ankle a bit. I shook it off and sat for a while. While my ankle was resting, I did some bicep curls with 12 pound weights. We ran some crazy obstacle course today, and my suspicions were confirmed. Marilyn’s daughter, Sophie is a drill sergeant! She worked out with me today, and when it was time to climb the hill for the second time, she said…and I quote “Let’s try to do it 4 times this time since we did it 3 last times.” My first reaction was to say “Where is the camera? Am I getting punked?” I quickly found out that there was no practical joke involved, and ran my butt up the hill…4 times. It was easy for Sophie; she is 10, and probably weighs about as much as my right leg! I could not disappoint her though (she is a total doll) so I sucked it up and hiked my butt up and down that hill. I am in the midst of cooking diner (Strawberry Chicken Salad), and the Yankees lost tonight. Suffice to say, my husband is in a less than desirable mood. I swear that the world could stop spinning, and it wouldn’t matter as long as the Yankees were winning! I am going to hit the road for tonight, because I have to finish dinner and make my house presentable for ABC for the 2nd time this week. I hope I get an offer for a maid out of this deal…here’s hoping. Have a good evening.