Monday, October 5, 2009

Working Hard...

I went to boot camp today, and Marilyn is kicking it up a notch. I guess that's why she calls it Kick It Up Boot Camp. The first 2 weeks she was so sweet and gentle. I guess that is your grace period. I didn't hear "Stacy, you may not want to do this" or "Stacy, you may want to modify this exercise this way" once today! Today, I met the full on, in your face, get your butt moving and don't look back Marilyn, and I kind of like her. I need a kick in the butt once in a while. Let's face facts, I am 399 pounds. Obviously, something went awry with my self motivation techniques at some point. I work very well under pressure, and I truly believe that I can do anything. I have no mental blocks to hold me back. In my opinion, that is the hardest part of the battle...getting mentally tough. I heard a saying once that pain is just weakness leaving the body. Well, I got rid of a lot of weakness today. The workout today focused mainly on arms and abs. According to Marilyn, everything should be a ab workout...Yippee!! The most consistent thing that I hear during my hour long sessions is "Keep your abs tight and your shoulders back". I feel like I'm in charm school. She might as well walk around with a wooden ruler and whack people while reciting the phrase "No Slouching"!! I am kidding of course, Marilyn is the best, and she has been a tremendous help. I have learned so much in the 3 short weeks that I have been attending her classes. I am looking forward to seeing what she has in store for me as I begin to shed the pounds. As I become more agile and flexible, I am looking forward to more difficulty. One of my long term goals is to be able to run. I am not talking a cute little trophy wife jog. I am talking a full out, pedal to the metal, hide and go seek (not it) kind of run. I know that sounds insane, but whoever said I was completely normal? Another thing I want to be able to do at some point is a military style push up (not some girly, sissy, knees bent, I might break a nail kind of push up). I would like to request something from my faithful readers. I don't know how possible it would be, but I would like to organize a kickball or softball game (Kickball requires less equipment), and I would like for you to participate. Please email me if you are interested at Stacypie3279@aol.com so that we can figure out a date, time, and location. I am going to call it a night for now. I hope everyone is having a good week so far. I don't want to hear about anybody with a "case of the Monday's" Good night for now...sleep tight!