Sunday, October 4, 2009

Life...

It is so hard to stay focused when life is happening all around you. I didn't walk yesterday or today because we have been busy trying to get the house clean and back in order. We spent all day cleaning yesterday, but I did manage to make a delicious dinner. I cooked chicken, a bag of frozen mixed veggies, celery, carrots, chopped garlic, and onion in the crock pot. Once the chicken was cooked through, I took the chicken and vegetables out of the crock pot and cooked some brown rice in the stock. Once the rice was tender, I put the chicken and veggies back in. It was so good, and it was just the ticket after a long day of work. Of course, laundry spilled over into today. Laundry in never completely done with an infant in the house. I just had to get out of the house today, so we did some grocery shopping and went to the mall to pick up my daughter's Halloween costume. She is going to be a lady bug...too cute. I got a deal on her costume at Children's Place in Brandon Mall. The Halloween gear was 30% off, so I was happy about that. We had another great dinner tonight. I made a strawberry, chicken salad with balsamic vinaigrette. I used a bag of spring mix salad greens; I added some chopped Romaine hearts, sliced strawberries, chopped walnuts, grilled chicken breast, and gorgonzola cheese. I made the vinaigrette with 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 3/4 cup EVOO, 1/2 Tbs salt, 1/2 Tbs pepper, and 2 Tbs Splenda. I whisked that all together until the salt and Splenda were dissolved, and then drizzled the mixture over the salad. It was literally the 1st salad that I have ever made at home that I actually enjoyed. I even have enough for lunch tomorrow...I am looking forward to it! I have boot camp tomorrow, and it is the beginning of a new class. I am really excited about that, and I hope to see some of you there. I think I am going to call it a night. I will post more soon. Sweet dreams!