Friday, October 23, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake...

I am sorry that I didn’t post last night. Here is my official excuse: The dog ate my keyboard! Amelia is teething, and I can feel that the tops of her bottom front teeth have broken through her gums. She is completely miserable and so am I. She looks so pitiful. I have tried Baby Ora-gel, and she hates it. I have tried Tylenol, and that doesn’t seem to help. The only thing that has provided any temporary relief is Luigi’s Italian Ice. Wow, imagine that, a popsicle makes her feel better…what am I going to do with this kid?

Other than the teething trouble, things are good. We are finally getting caught up on some bills (thanks to the help of my amazing grandfather), My eye Dr. gave me a new pair of trial contact lenses…thank goodness, and I received an awesome new pair of sneakers from the New Balance Store in Carollwood off of Dale Mabry (shameless plug). I am a total convert. I used to be a hardcore Nike fan, but my new RUNNING shoes are super comfy and supportive. Did you notice I said RUNNING shoes? OK, I just wanted to be sure!

Well, it is finally Friday, and the weekend is upon us. I have church and 2 birthday parties this weekend. There is no rest for the weary. I am tired just thinking about it. I am curious how I am going to cope with all of that birthday cake. Cake is like a drug to me. I might consider buying it on the black market if it were ever outlawed, so you see my dilemma. I am not an emotional wreck. I don’t eat my feelings (although I know people who do, and it a serious problem) I just like cake…and pizza and ice cream for that matter. I just had to get that off of my chest. I have been getting some emails from people that seem to think that I have some deep seeded psychological issues, and I just wanted to assure everyone that is not the case. If I did, trust me, I would seek professional help.

I am going for another walk tonight. I went for one last night too. This is just a public service announcement…I am not going to get into the details, just take my word for it. DO NOT….and I repeat DO NOT run, walk, or do exercise of any kind on a full stomach! I am sure you already knew that, but me, being the person I am, had to find out the hard way. Suffice to say, I am having dinner AFTER my walk tonight.

My meals today consisted of the following:
No breakfast (I know, shame on me)
Lunch: Michelina's Lean Gourmet Chicken Cheese and Rice, 4 oz pineapple in pineapple juice, 1 cup sugar free Jell-o
Snack: Sliced Apple with peanut butter
Dinner: Wheat pasta with 96% lean ground beef, and Heart Smart Traditional Prego Pasta Sauce.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I am going to be super busy, so if you don’t hear from me on Saturday or Sunday, don’t panic. I will back with a full report on Monday. I know I sound like a broken record, but don’t forget about kickball. That’s all for now XOXOXO