Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Slow And Steady Wins The Race.

I feel as if I need to refocus on my goal. I would first like to say thanks to everyone for your continued support and encouragement. For those of you that have just joined my blog, the objective is to loose 100 pounds in 1 year. I have lost 17 pounds in the past 8 weeks and 2 days (58 days). Suffice to say, I am right on target for my goal. I have lost an average of 2 pounds a week thus far, and I plan to continue modifying my food and exercise regimen on a continuous and gradual basis. I am definitely more than 100 pounds overweight, but that is my intermediate goal. My short term goal is an average of 2 pounds per week. I want to gradually ease into my new lifestyle as I have tried “diets” in the past with varied levels of success. The one thing that these diets had in common was that they all ended in failure. In the past, I tried strict meal plans with large amounts of exercise, and I quickly burned out (usually within the 1st 3 months). I felt deprived and unhappy with my diets and threw in the towel. I realize that some changes still need to be made in my current meal plan, but for now, I am happy with my progress. I am working closely with my trainer and she is aware of my choices. While she does not endorse every morsel that I place in my mouth, she is also happy with my progress so far. I have already drastically overhauled my eating habits and more changes are yet to come. I have also done a complete 180 when it comes to exercise. In fact, today during boot camp, we ran and walked in intervals, and Marilyn had to speed up to catch me when I was running. She said “Wow, look at you go, I can’t believe how fast you are running!” That was a huge boost to my ego, and the added confidence that I needed headed into the 5K on Saturday. I would like to say publicly (as I have said everything else I suppose) I welcome suggestions with open arms, and encourage those of you who are willing, to email your daily meals for the following week. This will help me to know what is working for people that have already achieved success. I am not an expert obviously, or I wouldn’t be in the predicament of weighing 396 pounds. I am still learning, just as many of you are. I would also like to say that I am going to reach my goal, and while I do want to loose 100 pounds in a year, my main focus is getting healthy. I feel that if I make the changes necessary to live a healthy lifestyle, the weight loss will be a natural bi-product.

The Yankees are on, and I am missing an already disappointing game. Although I am probably not missing much by the sounds of my husband’s angry tone, I am excited that the they are finally back in the World Series and want to catch the game incase their place in this post season is short lived. I hope everyone is well. Only 2 more days to the weekend. Have a great rest of the week.