Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Weight until you hear this!!

I weighed myself today. I am holding steady at 399. I am a little disappointed because I really worked out hard this week. I’m still holding out hope that I have actually lost more because I’m still feeling a little bloated. I can’t really feel that bad though, because I have lost a total of 14 pounds for the month. The experts say that healthy weight loss is 2 pounds a week; so technically, I am ahead of the game I guess. I spoke to the leasing office, and the pool is supposed to be cleaned today, so I hope to be back in the water by tomorrow. I cooked a pork shoulder in my crock pot for dinner last night. It was pretty good, and I pulled the rest of it off the bone for leftovers. I am really on a budget right now, so I have been trying to prepare a large quantity when I cook so that we will have leftovers for a few days. This week's menu is new and exciting. I am making chicken and vegetables in the crock pot and I am going to serve that over brown rice. My mom also picked some smoked salmon up for me at Sam's Club, and I am thinking about what to serve that with. What goes with salmon? I have never really eaten it before let alone served it as a meal in my home. This has been such a learning process. I am looking forward to boot camp tomorrow. We walked 3 miles yesterday, and we did it in 65 min. I am totally impressed with my time. My sessions with Marilyn have really been paying off because on my walk yesterday, I didn't feel as fatigued as I would normally. She showed me the correct posture to use while I walk, and I think that little tip has really helped me find my center of balance and take some pressure off of my lower back. It is a little tricky trying to walk with your shoulders back at first, especially if it feels like you are smuggling watermelons in your bra! I am getting the hang of it though, and I am starting to feel really healthy. I hope everyone is having a good week so far. I am going for another walk this evening…another 3 miles. If I walked 3 miles, 4 days a week, for 1 year (624 miles), I wonder where I could walk to. Just a reminder, today is the last day left to vote on my poll, so if you haven’t already, please share your opinions! I am going to run for now (figuratively not literally) I will post more soon. Have a good evening.