Sunday, September 27, 2009

Aunt Flow Came For A Visit...

The past few days have been a little slow going. I finally got over the muscle soreness from exercising only to be faced with a visit from dear Aunt Flow. It seems like all of the cramps and bloating have been so much worse since the baby was born. I am looking forward to the week though. I don't have boot camp on Monday because it is a Jewish holiday, but I plan on making up for that on my own by walking and hopefully doing some water aerobics. Marilyn also has me keeping a food journal so that she can give me some expert feed back on things that I can modify in order to maximize my losing potential. I haven't been able to get in the pool for the past week because our community pool maintenance leaves something to be desired to say the least. Our pool has been the color of a margarita this week, so as you can imagine, I passed up the aqua time because I was both disgusted and suddenly craving a frosty margarita among some other pool side drinks that I can think of. I am going to have a talk with the office manager tomorrow and hopefully find out when I can expect the pool to be cleaned, but until then, I am going to stick to walking. On Friday, I beat my time. I still walked 2.5 miles, but I did it in 52 minutes instead of an hour. I was quite impressed with myself. My daughter seems to be really enjoying the scenery on our walks, and I am in hopes that I am laying the groundwork for these things to start becoming habits for my whole family. I also have an update, I am pleased to tell you that my husband now has some clean underwear, so if you see him on the street, don't forget to congratulate him! I still need to go grocery shopping and I am hoping to find a good deal on a lean pork roast and some boneless skinless chicken breast. I also have been looking for smoked salmon this week, so if anyone knows where I can find it at a reasonable price, please let me know. I plan on loading up on fruits and veggies this week as well. I love watermelon because it is so juicy and delicious and really helps me curb my sweet craving. I am going to run for now. I hope everyone has a good week. Tomorrow is a new beginning, and Tuesday is my weigh day, so stay tuned!