Saturday, September 19, 2009

Healthy Can Taste Good

I don't know if any of you can relate, but I have been a little frightened of green vegetables most of my life. My comfort zone in the veggie area has been green beans and iceberg lettuce. When I went to the whole foods store, I branched out and bought zucchini and asparagus. I was so proud of myself. I came up with a totally delish way to incorporate the zucchini. I made a pasta bake with whole wheat pasta, extra lean ground beef, heart healthy traditional pasta sauce by Prego, garlic, onion, Mozzarella cheese, and sauteed zucchini. It was so delicious and totally full of flavor. I served that dish with grilled asparagus and a caesar salad with light dressing. I got 3 servings of veggies in 1 meal. That is progress. I am still working on bumping up the exercise, but I got an amazing offer from the owner of Kick It Up Boot Camp. She is going to give me a personal training session and help me get on an intensive workout program. I am really looking forward to it. My appointment is on Monday, so I will be sure to let you know how it goes. I am going swimming tonight. I am really looking forward to that. I have to run for now, the baby needs more formula, so I am off to the store.