Tuesday, September 15, 2009

They Love Me...They Really Love Me!

If you haven't had a chance already, please take a moment to add your email address the upper right had portion of my blog where it says "subscribe for blog updates" so that you can be notified by email when I update my blog. All I can say is WOW! Since my journey began on September 1st, I have shed 13 pounds. I use the term "shed" because right now I am a big, fat, lumpy Caterpillar, but one day soon, this frumpy exterior will be gone, and I will be a nimble and delicate butterfly. I would like to take a moment to thank all of my supporters. A story about me ran in the St. Pete times, online, and in the TBT today. The outpouring of support that I received was staggering, and I would like to truly thank you all from the bottom of my heart. As for all of the Negative Neds that responded to my article, I would like to say that I had a happy childhood with loving parents that shaped me into a positive, stable minded individual. The upshot of that is you cannot hurt me, or cut me down, or make me feel like less of a person because I am self-confident and courageous and I do not need your approval. Your words mean less than nothing to me, but this is America, and people have the right to express their opinions. I hope you use those powers for good too...like voting in the next election! Today was my grandfather's 84th birthday. I went with my family to celebrate with him at Cracker Barrel. Not exactly a dieter's best friend...I know. This was a big test for me because I have not really been out to eat since starting my new program. I am proud, however, to announce that I stuck to a grilled chicken salad, and none of those delicious butter biscuits! Go me. You have no idea how huge that is for me. I totally resisted the temptation. I don't plan on depriving myself, I just look at it like I am saving up for something really good! Well, I would like to wish everyone a good night. Today has been pretty overwhelming with the huge response that I have received. My head is spinning...hopefully that burns calories!! If you know someone that might be inspired by my blog, please feel free to share it with them. You can email them by clicking on the "share" icon on the top right corner of my blog. You can also use this icon to share my blog on your favorite social network. You can also email or bookmark individual posts by utilizing the link below each post.