Monday, November 2, 2009

A Rude Awakening!

Today started with our obnoxious alarm. Because my husband is hearing impaired, we have the sonic boom alarm clock…lucky me. Not only does it make the most ungodly sound that you have ever heard, but is also vibrates the bed, and is connected to the lamp so that the light flashes on and off (what a way to start the day right). I reluctantly rolled out of bed and got ready to take my husband to work. After I dropped Eddie off, Amelia, my baby brother, and I headed out to look at Christmas dresses. Corey (my brother) had no idea that was the plan. I guess that’s what he gets for agreeing to hang out before he asks what we are doing. He was a good sport though. Amelia loves her uncle Corey. Unfortunately, I didn’t find quite what I was looking for. I want to hurry up and get a dress for the baby so I can get pictures taken in time for my Christmas cards…the search continues.

As you are aware, I had boot camp tonight. We did some abs and arms and a lot of cardio. We had our cardio test today to see how far we could get in 12 min. I made it 3 laps. 5 laps is a mile. I also met Joyce. She has joined me at boot camp after reading about it in my blog. I was so happy to meet her. She is a total sweetheart. Wednesday will be my last class in the evening because my husband’s schedule is changing due to a shift bid…ugh. I am going to have to start going to the 8:30 am class, but maybe the switch will be good so that I can get my metabolism going first thing in the morning.

We have nailed down a few dates for a couple of upcoming events. We will be shooting the workout video on November 28th. I hope to have it ready to upload by the following week. We also have a date for kickball. We are planning a family day at the park that day, so please pack a picnic and join us for kick ball and some family fun. The date is December 3rd. The time and location is to be announced. We are looking at somewhere either in Carrollwood or Westchase. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for a park with a softball/kickball field and playground for younger children.


My food for today consisted of the following
Breakfast: Egg white sandwich on whole grain flat bread
Lunch: Grilled chicken sandwich with light mayo, lettuce and tomato
Snack: Whole wheat bagel with peanut butter
Dinner: 96% lean beef burger with lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup and mustard on a wheat bun and a side of steamed broccoli

The Yankees are loosing, but they are up by 2 games, so I’m not too worried. I want them to win the series in NY anyway. I will be back to post tomorrow as it is my weigh day. I hope everyone has a great week.