Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Price Of Gas...

Yesterday totally sucked! We had a long day of doctor’s appointments. Eddie is still seeing his ENT doctor and Audiologist about once a month or so, and the mapping for his Cochlear Implant takes at least an hour. We were out of the house from noon until 9:30 pm. I was exhausted when we got home and so was Amelia. She was asleep for about an hour and then woke up for a bottle. I guess being captive in her car seat for most of the day caused a gas build up because she was awake again at a quarter till 2 in the morning wailing like a wild woman. I was finally able to get a burp out of her 45 minutes later and she fell asleep almost immediately after that. I wasn’t sure what was wrong at first because she hasn’t been gassy in a while. I was getting so frustrated because she just kept screaming. I will be so glad when she can tell me what the problem is.

I was a zombie when I woke up this morning at 7 am for boot camp. I almost hit the snooze and went back to dreamland, but I knew I would regret it, so I sucked it up and got out of bed. We did some weight and band work and some cardio. It was 59 degrees this morning, and I ran out of the house in Capri’s…I was so tired that I didn’t realize I was freezing until about 10 minutes into my work out.

When I got home from boot camp, I made the bed, washed and sterilized the bottles, got some laundry done, and straightened up the bathroom, living room and kitchen. My mom and her friend, Monica, came over today to help me make some headbands for the baby. They are so cute. We have a few more to do, but we made some good progress today.

Disclaimer: I need to go grocery shopping, so my food intake was well below par today. All I had was a salad and 3 bread sticks. We were going to have tuna for dinner, but I took 2 bites and almost hurled. Eddie didn’t like it either. It was terrible. I think it was because of the low fat mayo that I bought…it should be called low flavor mayonnaise.

That’s it for tonight. I am going to try and get a good night’s sleep tonight because we are taking holiday pictures tomorrow, and I don’t want to have luggage under my eyes. I hope everyone is having a terrific week. We are traveling to the East coast for a wedding on Saturday, so if you don’t hear from me over the weekend, don’t worry. I will be back with an update on Monday. I hope everyone has a great weekend.