Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mirror Mirror on the Wall..

I looked in the mirror at myself yesterday, and it was the first time that I can remember being completely disappointed with myself. I have always felt thin. I know that sounds crazy, but I just never saw myself as fat!! I was always "plus sizes" or "curvy", but now, I am just fat...I am not "voluptuous" or "pleasantly plump" I am FAT ladies and gentleman. The thing that really bothers me about being fat is that everyone as a collective whole finds it so easy to make fun of the fatty. If you make fun of a person with a different skin color, you're racists. If you make fun of a woman/man, you are sexist...it's like fat people don't even matter. It's like we are completely off the radar. I guess that is why I have spent my entire life trying to prove that I can be fat and still be beautiful, and smart, and successful. The funny thing is that the joke is on me. You can't be beautiful, or smart, or successful if you are dead. Now that I have a daughter, I realize that I need to be at a healthy weight so that I can be here for her, and that just won't happen if I continue on the path that I am on...you never see old fat people!!