Friday, August 14, 2009

Here's the Skinny...

I am so tired of being FAT!! I know that the "F word" is not politically correct. I know that maybe I should have said that I am Big boned or over weight...even Morbidly Obese, but the truth is, I am fat, and I have been for most of my life (with the exception of the first 5 years of course). Everyone needs a learning curve on how to get hand to mouth I suppose. I do not have an eating disorder, I am not laid up due to any sort of accident, I am FAT!! I am not ugly, or lazy, or smelly, I am just fat. I came to the realization that it is time to make a change, so here I am. We are going on a journey. The challenge: To lose 100 pounds in 1 year. I want to be able to shop at a "normal" clothing store at some point in my life. It is time to say good bye to the elastic waist band. I am in search of the elusive skinny jeans. I am sure that if I look hard enough, I will find them. My main reason for losing weight and getting healthy is that I love my family, and I want to be around for a long time to watch my daughter grow up and get married, and have a family of her own. If I look good in the process...well I guess that is something I am just going to have to live with. I am going to spend the next 2 weeks figuring out what plan I am going to go with. I will be back soon to let you know what I decided. My start date is September 1, 2009.