Monday, December 7, 2009

My Week At A Glance

It has been a busy week getting ready for the Holi-Daze! Let me catch you up on what has been going on. Starting on last Thursday, Eddie had an impromptu visit to the ENT doctor, so I didn’t make it to boot camp, I swear after this ordeal is over, I am going to insure his ears…kind of like J-Lo insured her butt right lol! Friday and Saturday is a blur. I think we were home for 2 and a half seconds on Friday and Saturday. Here are some of the things that we did over the weekend (in no particular order): Picked up the Christmas pictures and discovered that there was a huge mix up and I wound up with copyright released pictures of someone else’s underage children on my picture CD! I made a trip back to the portrait studio were I spent what felt like forever making sure that Amelia’s pictures were not on anyone else’s order. They weren’t…thank God, but I was more than annoyed about the situation. We got Amelia’s Christmas ornament engraved and attempted to pick up her stocking, but that was screwed up too, so I am still waiting for that to be corrected. We went to Wal-Mart to find some Christmas lights, but they had a horrible selection. I did score a sweet deal on picture frames though. I got a set of 13 picture frames for 13 dollars, and I have already put them to good use. My hallway is now wall papered in Amelia. God help me when we have another child. I don’t know where I will find room for more pictures. Boot camp was canceled on Friday due to the nasty weather, and on Saturday evening we went to church. I also found out that my uncle passed away this weekend. He lived in Kentucky and was suffering with cancer, and although I don’t have the resources to make the trip for the funeral, I spent a lot of time trying to help my dad find a cheap flight and car rental with no success. He is going to end up driving I guess. That’s just all of the stuff that I can remember off the top of my head.

Yesterday was cleaning day. Holiday cleaning is like an Olympic event in my house. It requires strength of mind and body as well as endurance that would rival any gold medalist. I am pleased to announce however that we made it through the day without any causalities. Amelia was such a good sport. She spent most of the day in her crib since we don’t have a pack and play or a play yard, but she did a pretty good job of keeping herself entertained.

I was back at boot camp bright and early this morning (in the rain no less), and I was happy to be there. I love it when my days have structure. I am usually very organized, and am happiest when things go as planned. I can be a bit spontaneous at times, but for everyday stuff, I prefer to have a pretty strict schedule. I have boot camp again tomorrow, and of course it is weigh day again.

I hope everyone has a great week. We have some Christmas shopping to do this week and we still need to get our Christmas tree (that is one tradition that I plan on keeping forever…there is nothing like a real tree for Christmas). It is already shaping up to be another busy week again this week, but busy is good. Busy burns calories. Happy Monday to you, I will post more soon!