Monday, October 26, 2009

Might As Well Jump!

Well, today was awesome (if I had to choose 1 word to describe it). I met my mom for a late lunch at Bob Evans (for those of you that don’t know it, suffice to say that their buttermilk biscuits are heavenly). I avoided the biscuits and stuck with a side salad. Marilyn (my personal trainer) taught me a cool trick about salad dressing. If you dip your fork in the dressing before each bite instead of pouring it directly on the salad, you use way less, and it is totally satisfying. My mom has jumped on the wagon with me and has lost somewhere near 16 pounds. She is doing great. She experimented with a recipe for flourless brownies that she brought for me to sample. They weren’t half bad. Once we perfect it, I will be sure to pass it along. It was perfect with the exception of the sweetness level. It could have been a lot sweeter, so we have to work on that. She said that it didn’t take any time to make, so I am looking forward to the next batch.

As you know, Today was boot camp, and it was also the last day of week 8 on my new program. My endurance has gone through the roof (the credit goes to Marilyn I’m sure). In class today, I shocked everyone. I jumped rope. I didn’t skip rope. I full on (Rocky VI) jumped rope. I lasted for a while too. For those of you that don’t think you can do it, I am living proof. Some people just stopped their own exercise and stared. I am sure it was a sight. Although I’m sure I didn’t look it, I felt like a star athlete training for the Olympics (I hope you all enjoy these fantasies I dream up in my head). I giggled like a giddy school girl on the inside. The truth is. I was so proud of myself! Phil (the produce for GMA that came to my house to set up for the live interview) just happened by the park where we workout. I am sure that was a total coincidence. I bet he is a super double agent sent by ABC to spy on me, and he was shocked to see me there. I was dripping sweat, with a big smile on my face (as if to say, Ha, I told you I would be here). I hope he comes on Wednesday too; I will make him jump rope with me!

My food today consisted of the following:
Breakfast: Peanut butter sandwich on Wheat
Lunch: Healthy Choice Penne Pasta with tomato basil sauce and a side salad with ranch dressing
Dinner: Chicken Caesar Sandwich on 3 cheese bread
I went grocery shopping after boot camp, and was too tired to make dinner, so we stopped at Panera.

Tomorrow is day 1 of week 9, and it is also my weigh day. Aunt Flo has been visiting this week, so I am hoping to at least hold steady at 396…we shall see. If she knows what’s good for her, she will be just as sweet as she was last week! I am going to go for now, I had some workout tonight, and I have a headache from the weight of my sports bra on my shoulder ( I hope I loose some weight in my boobs soon) I am going to take some Advil and call it a night. I hope everyone is having a good week so far. I will talk to you tomorrow!

PS. The Yankees made it to the World Series…it’s about time!