Monday, October 26, 2009

Confection Affection!!

My crazy confection weekend has finally come to a close. I must say, I did pretty well considering my love for cake, cookies and treats of all kinds. The first party was on Saturday, and I ate 2 hot dogs…1 was turkey, and 1 was all beef topped with organic condiments. There were 2 cakes at this party. 1 was chocolate with chocolate frosting, and 1 was marble with butter cream frosting. It is amazing that I know this without having tasted either of these cakes. I am like a wine connoisseur that can tell the flavors of the wine just by the smell. I can tell the contents of a cake just by the sight…sad, I know! I resisted the temptation and steered clear of the cake…both of them. I was so proud of me. After the party, we had a late lunch with a friend at Ruby Tuesday’s. I ate a spinach and mushroom quiche with broccoli and a salad…I was starved, so I ate a little more than I should have I suspect, but I tried to make some decent choices. That was it for Saturday. Sadly, the Yankees got rained out, so nothing major happened for the rest of the day.

Sunday dawned, and my day started with a shower, and then it was off to church. The message today was about God’s promise and I was so blessed by the word. After church, we headed to the 2nd birthday party of the weekend. I was famished as all I had eaten was a turkey and cheddar luchable. I really have to work on this no breakfast thing, I know. I was in a hurry to get to church OK! I did end up having a couple of bites of cake…like 3 or 4 small bites, and Eddie ate the rest. I was almost glad I did, because I was able to prove to myself that I do have self control, and food is not my master. For lunch, I ate a buffalo chicken sandwich from Subway with sun chips and water. When we got home from the party, we were all beat, so all three of us piled in the bed and took a nap. It was just what I needed after a long and exhausting weekend.

I do have a confession to make. I did not walk on Friday. My daughter has been so miserable with her teeth, and she fell asleep. I just didn’t have the heart to wake her up. I didn’t get in any real exercise this weekend either, so I am really looking forward to getting back to boot camp tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great week. I will post more soon. Goodnight and sleep tight!