Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Re-Boot Camp

I have pressed Ctrl Alt Delete, and I have rebooted my life. Over the past weekend, I feel back into some bad habits eating junk, so suffice to say that I was disappointed yesterday when I stepped on the scale. I didn’t lose anything, and then when I was a boot camp on Tues, I learned that starting next week we will not have boot camp for 2 weeks…not good!

I did buckle down and go grocery shopping yesterday, and the closest thing to a snack in my house now, is a rice cake. I got a bunch of frozen and fresh fruits and veggies and some chicken and lean beef. I am not going to give up. I have let too many things stand in my way in the past, and I am not going to quit this time. As I said before, this is a marathon. It is going to be a long and hard road. I have some bad habits to break. I am doing the best that I can right now, and I know that I will be successful.

I am sorry that I have not addressed kickball lately. I think it will be best to postpone kickball until January. I am super busy for the rest of the month with family gatherings and such as I am sure all of you are also. I will put up another poll after the first of the year to see when is best for everyone.

I have boot camp again tomorrow, and I am actually looking forward to it. I have found that when I am feeling stressed and life gets hectic, it really helps to do something physical. In the words of Elle Woods from Legally Blonde “people that exercise are happy because exercise releases endorphins and happy people just don’t kill people” I am not feeling particularly homicidal, so I guess she’s right.

I hope you all are doing well. I am so sorry that my posts have been so infrequent lately, but Amelia is growing up before my eyes and I have been just enjoying being a mommy. She is starting to stand all by herself without holding on to anything. She is learning and growing so quickly, and I don’t want to miss anything. Have a great rest of the week.